DarkStor Model C is the most advanced enterprise file-object encryptor available today with data rates up to 100 Gbps to protect data stored in a private/public data center or cloud service.
Our multi-performance Layer 4-7 application-aware encryptor securely encrypts and decrypts data between thousands of clients to their data storage site, providing both protection for data in-transit and data-at-rest (stored).
Designed with several high assurance features such as FAIL-SAFE to ensure reliable and secure operation.
Designed with Intel’s family of FPGAs, which offers high performance and protection from network and physical attacks.
Top Level Features
- Multiple data rates: 10 Gbps (20 Gbps full-duplex), 40 Gbps (80 Gbps full-duplex) or 100 Gbps (200 Gbps full-duplex)
- Support for 256 bit AES-GCM (Galois/Counter Mode) authenticated encryption
- TCP/IP and TLS v1.2 100Gbs (full-duplex) in-line engines. Supports file-object systems: SMB/CIFS, NFS, S3
- Supports more than 8000 simultaneous client connections at 3000 connections/second
- Latency: 100 microsecond latency
- Secure firmware upgradeable to future protocols and cryptographic standards
Planned FIPS-140-2, level-3
Ease of Use Setup and Maintenance
- Remote management using SNMP v2 or v3 or browser-based management configurations
- Key Manager support via KMIP (Key Management Interoperability Protocol), compatible with 3rd party external key manager products
- Dual redundant hot-swappable power supplies
- Hot-swappable fans banks
- Secure off-site file-object storage in private/public data center or cloud provider
- Support secure cloud computing
- Migrate local storage to cloud
- Business continuity/disaster recovery and backup
Dimensions (W x H x D) 19 x 3.5 x 20.1 in.
Mounting Industry standard 19 in. wide x 2U high x 24 to 31 in. deep, slide rails
Weight 14.7 lb
Power 300 Watts; 110 to 240 VAC; 50-60 Hz.
Redundant hot-swap power supplies
Battery External user replaceable battery, one “1/2AA” lithium cell
Separate plaintext data ports and encrypted ports
10 Gbps (SFP), 40 Gbps (QSFP), 100 Gbps (QSFP28) or 100 Gbps (CXP)
Remote Management Interface
HTTPS/SNMP Interface RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mbps
High Availability Sync interface RJ-45 Serial
Algorithms: 256-bit AES/GCM, GMAC, SIGv4, TLS
Key Fill Interface DS-101 and rear panel RJ-45 key port
Crypto Ignition Key (CIK) for secure operation
Reliability and Maintenance
Other extensive power up and internal self test
Hot-swappable fan bank
Dual redundant hot-swappable AC power supplies
Operating Temperature -5° to 50° C
Storage Temperature -40° to 70° C
Humidity 5% to 95% non-condensing
EMI/EMC Telcordia GR-1089-CORE, ID 8, Radiated emission and FCC Class B, Consumer
Networking Features and Protocols
Security and Network Protocols TLS v1.2, TCP/IP, SMB/CIFS, NFS, S3, IPv4, IPv6
TLS 1.2 with the following cipher suites:
- SHA256 TLS_ECDHE_RSA_with_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
Networking Features Protects data at Layer 4-7 with TLS and file object encryption
Remote Management SNMP & HTTPS browser-based management